Sunday, April 18, 2010

Delerium Projek:Work in progress

Things are starting to happen a lot faster now. I'm starting to feel as if I'm over my head regarding the people I'm starting to meet. And I'm not saying its a bad thing, It's just crazy to me.

A lot has happened since the last time I blogged anything. The venue is paid for,I'm still looking for 5 more visual artist for the black tie event on friday, though. Soon it will be time to get my graphic designers together to brain storm some invites, Then is the pluggin of the event. Then there isCourting positive attention. Doing everything I can to ensure that we sell out. I mean the Madam Walker theatre ballroom holds 350 people. Im thinking about tickets for friday's event to be 50 dollars a ticket, and half of that goes to the Julian Center as well. I mean think about 50 times 350 then u take half of that and right there alone17,500 dollars and half of that right there goes to the Women and Chiildren of the Julian Center, not including the prices of art, which is the same, the artist and the Julian Center split that. Then there is the Saturday poetry event, tickets for that are gonna be 13.50 in advace and 17.00 dollars at the door.

I have no idea how I got them, but I got some amazing out of state talent flying in. Tara Hardy, Tristan Silverman, Billy Tuggle, and Daynomi Irregular-flow Thomas, to participate. Plus some of our best local talent participating in as well, Gaberialla Patterson, Aklemi Bayette, Erin Lingston, Adam Henzbo, the list goes on and on and on. And to boot that we actually got 6th graders to make the care packages for the event. Now see how Im feeling like Im over my head here. All I am is a just a average guy who loves poetry and wants to do something with it. I live in Indianapolis, completely unknown, and doing pretty much all of this on my own. I also have yet to find grants that are available for this type of an event.

I also just got published in the critiphoria, an online poetry zine that was put together by some other poets, such as Dominick Casazza, Stephen Paul Miller, Bob Holman, and Jen Hofer just to name a few. Honestly I didnt even , I befriended Stephen P. Miller on face book, he asked me to email him a few poems, so I did then bam. The next thing I know I get an email from Stephen saying I've been selected to be in it. Then a few weeks later I emailed him, just thanking him,and then I got a call on the cell and it was Stephen. Now I.m being asked to write a review on his book Fort Dad, and honestly Im really impressed with it. And I cant help but feel like a lucky fool that Ive been asked to do this. And maybe blog for the critiphoria.

And it got me thinking, since im doing an online blog journal about me attempting to jump start a career in writing, blogging and poetry. Why not have another blog that is specifically used for reviews to help plug more artist work, and to critic it as well. I mean honestly any exposure is good exposer for the most part, right? So I imagine Ill have that up and running in about a week or less. Honestly with in a month I plan on having a total of 5 different blogs up and running that will be added with in a month. So if anybody does read this and you happen to be an artist, please feel free to get ahold of me on facebook, its under Gregg DeBoor, trust me that there is only one person with that name on if, also you can email me at greggmcroy@yahoo.com as well.

But at this second I have to continue focusing on my job at the airport, getting the rest of the books and the cd for the same book and getting the transportation taken care of aswell for my features. Securing my transportation down to the Decatur Georgia Writers conference. Thats when I can focus on the next stage, the bloggs, the weekly reading and poetry workshop up north here in Indy. Im thinking off calling it, Art Speaks at Gallery 136. Never taught a workshop, been to a few so I have a good idea on how they go but never ran one. Hopping its gonna be fun. I mean honestly thats the key right? If you the person who is in charge is having fun with what your doing, then wont every one else have fun as well?

Well thats it for me...


Remember be good at what u do or at least dont get caught doing it
Your average schmuck

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment